First, we must ensure that the proper components are installed
Adding the Components
1. Click on Start button, highlight Settings on the menu, and then select Control Panel
2. Double click the Network icon
If you do not see the Network icon, click the view all Control Panel options link, in the middle-leftmost part of the Control Panel window.
3. Check to see if Client For Microsoft Networks, Dial-Up Adapter and TCP/IP are listed.
If one or more of these items are not listed, you can add them by clicking on the Add button, and following Window’s instructions.
Configuring the Dialer
1. Click on Start button, highlight Settings on the menu, and then select Dial-Up Networking:
2. Double-click on the “Make New Connection” icon.
3. If this is the first time dial-up networking configuration set up on your computer, the wizard starts up with the following screen. Click Next.
4. In the “Type a name for the computer you are dialing:” box, you can change that connection’s name RADNET, for example. Select your modem from the drop-down menu. If you do nothave a modem set up, there will not be a modem to choose; you will need to install one before continuing. Your window should look something like the following, but with your modem selected. Click Next.
5. in the Telephone number field. Enter 3449449 (more dial numbers). Leave Area code blank. Click Next.
6. You will see a window that says “You have successfully created a new Dial-Up Networking connection called:” and displays your connection name you have given in step 6. Click Finish.
7. Now you are back in the Dial-up Networking window, with a new icon called RADNET that you just created, above. You need to edit the properties of your new dial-up connection. Put your mouse over the RADNET icon, use the RIGHT mouse button to click, continue to hold down the button, pull down to Properties and release:
8. Make sure your window looks like the following. Uncheck the NetBEUI and IPX/SPX Compatible checkboxes. Click the TCP/IP Settings… button.
9. Leave the default “Server assigned IP address” selection. Select “Specify name server addresses”, enter 22.214.171.124 for the Primary DNS and 126.96.36.199 for the Secondary DNS. Uncheck the “Use IP header compression” checkbox, and leave the “Use default gateway…” checkbox checked. Click OK.
To connect to the Internet, press the Dial button on the Dial-Up Networking. Enter your user name (userid)and your password. You may choose whether or not to save yourpassword, depending on your preferences. Press OK to start dialing.